College 2014: Final Assignment

Finally! Now I have all my assignments on the blog before my next semester starts!

My last assignment was an interesting one divided into five parts:


Step 1: Make a Photoshop composition.  Here it is:


Step 2: Take the previous project, take it a little bit further, and save it separately.  I decided to use the "painting" technique, only on different parts of different layers.

Step 3:  Take product #2 and take it even further, saving it in a similar fashion. 

Step 4: Go back to #1 and (how did you guess?) take it further, this time in a different direction.  

Finally, step 5 (am I detecting a pattern here?): Take #4 and modify it somewhat, saving it as #5.

I used masks and the clone tool + spot healing brush tool for most of the modification, although for #5 I used two tricks I learned from a seminar by Dr. Will Hammond (the Will Hammond who invented masking in Photoshop!): Copying parts of the background onto new layers and giving them drop shadows (the sky) and the Refine Edge Tool (for making the giant figure more apparently behind the background trees).  My teacher approved these too, which means that I am done with my class! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tahu 2001 Animation Recreation (90th Anniversary Form)

Finally--a Physical Mattework!

I've Uploded a 3D Model!