College Assignments

So as it turns out, my college class which I thought was on photography alone has a lot to do with Photoshop as well.  And my first assignment was to take five selfies and Photoshop them.  The only problem is that unlike most teenagers, I actually dislike selfies.  That said, the fact that my teacher phrased them as "self portraits" made it a bit better.  None of the pictures from this assignment were taken on a smartphone.  I'll only show three for now. 

This first picture doesn't look like a selfie--in fact, I hadn't originally intended it as one--, but the teacher approved it.  I mostly took a picture of a swimming pool roof and altered the colors, then took a zoom-in picture on one of one of the lights and arranged those in a pattern, faking the"overlap" of the lights in the middle by putting a mask over (making invisible) a part of one light. 

The second one is more of a noticeable self-portrait. 

 I added the shadow manually with the brush tool, and I used a mask again to make the red pictures of me look like I'm in my own eyes. 

For the third, I recalled that my teacher said that I could also use items representing me, so I decided to combine those into my third picture:

I actually didn't erase/mask all of the objects to look like they were inside of me, but instead I copied the background and pasted it over all of the objects and myself, giving the illusion that I'm a cutout.

A full list of the items here representing me (here we go): Mt. Fuji, a camera, a light from the first picture, a sword, an American flag, a Japanese flag, my computer-animated TARDIS, a compass, a cathode-ray TV, my picture of A Random Guy Falling to His Death, a small tree, an EOD badge, Hiroshima Castle, a BIONICLE picture, a picture of Godzilla in Boston (PhotoShopped by my mom in 2004), part of a Gothic cathedral, an old-fashioned telephone, a middle-ages glove, an old Japanese painting, and, next to the American flag, an 8-bit Link from 1986.  I think I needed more things from the 80s. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Uploded a 3D Model!

Finally--a Physical Mattework!

Tahu 2001 Animation Recreation (90th Anniversary Form)