The “How To”s and “How it Works”s of Sculptris

I’ve shown what Sculptris can do, but I haven’t really said how it does it.  Well, first of all:  Sculptris isn’t a computer animation program.  Really.  It’s an advanced computer modeling program, but at least as of my current knowledge it doesn’t make the objects you create move.  Nor, I believe, can you even save them as JPEGs (universal picture files, for those of you who don’t do technical computer stuff).  However, you can export the files as OBJs (universally compatible 3-D files) and import them to another program, say Blender, and save some files as JPEGs from there.  And you can modify your objects there, too.

When you start Sculptris, you start out with a gray sphere made up of triangles.  With this preset you are given nine basic controls.  I will try to explain those which are not self-explanatory:  Crease, Rotate, Scale (which scales up or down anything within your circular selector), Draw (opposite of crease; coloring is entirely different), Flatten, Grab, Inflate (draws out a circular section of the sphere; also known to animators as extrude), Pinch and Smooth (which I’m still trying to figure out in relation to flatten).  If you need help with undetailed controls & are interested in what they do (or if you can tell me the difference between flatten and smooth), feel free to comment.

As of now, I’ll be discontinuing the link of the post, but I do have a list of sites on my blog.  And by the way, why I’m not blogging very often is because I’m working on an actual project more advanced than any of the others I’ve done so far.  Hope to blog about it soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally--a Physical Mattework!

I've Uploded a 3D Model!

Tahu 2001 Animation Recreation (90th Anniversary Form)