Compositing!

Done with Japanese part 二 of 四 (コンピューターで えを かくのが 大好きですよ)!!!  Beastly sorry for not blogging so long while I was finishing that up.  However, I have also been working on a completely (and I mean completely) different aspect of Blender: the Node Editor!

The Node Editor can be used for many different things, and a moderately new release of Blender added my favorite node ever (also the only one I happen to know): Keying!  In other words: green screening!!  I couldn't resist but to test this out with a professional semi professional rather small red and white blanket!  It took me a while to figure out how to save the rendering.  Fortunately, my book had the answer: I was connecting the keying node to a viewer node, which gives a preview, when I should have been connecting it to a composite node, which actually makes the image/movie show up on the rendering screen.

What I was going for was a Harry Potter-style invisibility cloak effect.  Do I even need to say it didn't work?

It's still cool, but not what I was looking for.  I am currently considering purchasing a real green screen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally--a Physical Mattework!

I've Uploded a 3D Model!

Tahu 2001 Animation Recreation (90th Anniversary Form)