The Technical Stuff Behind Suzzane's Eye Bulge

Did I mention I'm back from Japan?

Well then, how I managed the Suzzane eye bulge was by using shape keys.  Shape keys can transform an object's shape in a serious way--as in, having a cube transform into a car, an owl into a person (I always wondered how they did that), etc.  All you have to do is make a new shape key (Object Data Properties>Shape Keys> +), which will be the basis key.  Then, make another key.  After that, you can make all the changes you want to the model and that's it!  You can adjust the transformation between the two shape keys via a little slider which will appear on the menu.

The Suzzane idea came from Jason van Gumster's Blender for Dummies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally--a Physical Mattework!

I've Uploded a 3D Model!

Tahu 2001 Animation Recreation (90th Anniversary Form)