Kollege Katch-up: Illustrator!

 Okay, let's hop right to it! I'll straight-up admit that I don't recall the details on this class as well as I do some others, so apologies in advance for a bit of vagueness ahead.

My first assignment was to build a diagram; I decided to go with a more detailed version of the web server explanation I'd made earlier. There was quite a bit of copy-pasting here, but it does feel more straightforward than my previous attempt.

 

 

 

I developed this logo for Turbulence, the universe in which ABYDOS and its sequel take place. I decided to go for a reasonably straightforward approach--the letter T and (turbulent) wind. The drop shadow and other elements may be dated, but it's also designed to work in more minimalistic forms. My college project for this concerned sticking a logo on presets for business papers, calling cards, and so on. 



Finally, my next assignment was perspective-based; I discovered quite a few interesting tools by this point, so I decided to take the prompt and get creative with the features on the rubric by making a very strange art gallery:


Illustrator can be a fantastic tool for logos and the like due to the infinitely scalable vectors it works with; if you're ever worried about having to update an old logo, a good vector program like Illustrator or Inkscape can save a lot of trouble for future-proof graphics (while, of course, being able to export standard images if need be).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seven Quick Takes Friday

I've Uploded a 3D Model!

Finally--a Physical Mattework!