An Update on Yoda

Waaaay back when, one of my earliest designs was a basic picture of Yoda.  I made a few updates on it, then decided it was complete.

Mark I--2/09/12

Pretty early on (a.k.a. I didn't know how to render), this was one of my very first CGI pictures (not to mention the first one I shared on this blog).  After leaving it alone for a little, I decided to scale things up a bit.



Mark III--4/16/12

This was much better.  After Mark II (virtually identical to Mark III except for using the older Yoda model) I decided to upgrade it to this, then leave it be again, as I was satisfied with the way it looked--then, I realized what was was missing: textures.  Although this is among my most colourful projects, it is completely textureless.  I decided to correct that--as well as fix the lightsaber...


Mark IV--2/27/13
 Here's my textured, more detailed model; I used the claw from an earlier project for Yoda's right hand, and used two cylinders for the lightsaber--a shadeless (no shadow + really bright) one for the blade, and a second green, shadeless, slightly transparent and reflective cylinder for the glow effect.  I also decided to add some hills to the background.  I could easily advance Yoda's head, but that could remove some of the original charm of the whole project.
I'll probably put later versions in the near future in this post as an update, rather than as a new post.  This certainly won't be the last time you'll see an update, however--I have plans for redoing the hut, adding mist and continuing to improve Yoda himself--except his head.

あとで、ヨーダが もどります…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Uploded a 3D Model!

Finally--a Physical Mattework!

Tahu 2001 Animation Recreation (90th Anniversary Form)