Blender 101 1/2 Tardis Part 2: Freshnel ZTransp

The previous TARDIS post may have had nothing to do with Doctor Who, but this one is about replicating one of the first special effects ever used in the show: transparency.  Going back to the picture from last post...

Here, in the green, circled part of the picture are the two settings I find most useful: Alpha and Freshnel.  Alpha transparency affects how transparent the whole thing is, while Freshnel makes it disappear while you can still see the edges.  I've provided another example for this:











The cube on the left is the effect of Alpha, while the cube on the right is Freshnel.  Commenting on the title, ZTransp, short for ZTransparency, is the default transparency "mode," and I have no idea what it means.

I have improved my TARDIS quite significantly since the last post, as you can see from this video I made...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Uploded a 3D Model!

Finally--a Physical Mattework!

Tahu 2001 Animation Recreation (90th Anniversary Form)