An Update to My Last Post

So, directly after I wrote my last post I realized that an update to Blender had been released and that one of the new features was a rendering method known as freestyle.  This is similar to "edge," only it has many more options.

Here I placed my previous "edge" picture next to the new "freestyle" rendering.  As well as the much more hand-drawn looking freestyle edges, I also selected "Toon" in the basic material properties (which, by default, is set to "Lambert") and, with a bit of changing the properties (setting the nearby "size" tab to 1.0 instead of 5) you can get something really cel-shaded!  I also set the spectacular (or, how much it reflects light) to zero.  Again, there may still be a few things missing from professional cel-shading, but I am learning more!

I've learned that a great way to model is to say "What does this button do?", save your project just in case, and press the button.  Not a great idea if you're handling bombs, but I've found it quite useful for rendering techniques.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally--a Physical Mattework!

I've Uploded a 3D Model!

Tahu 2001 Animation Recreation (90th Anniversary Form)