More on a Random Guy

Waaay back when, I got rather bored, so I drew up a random fellow falling inevitably to an unfortunate demise.  I must unfortunately conclude that after over a year on the blog, he still hasn't reached the bottom.

The upper side is that I've not only solved the triangles on his head (it turned out that I had unknowingly duplicated the "head"--and as two things can't occupy the same place at the same time, Blender seems to show this as a random mix-match of triangles) but I've also discovered how to do cel-shaded animation!

Here are the timey-wimey details: cel-shading is a way of modeling that makes it kind of look more hand-drawn.  Blender makes this easy: in a "Post Processing" tab in the general properties, you can click a checkbox called "Edge," which will give you a smooth edge surrounding your objects.  Now then, here's the poor fellow I mentioned earlier:
The smashing bit about all this is that you can not only cel-shade the model, but also adjust the colour of the shading!  Take, for instance: a neon green Pac-man!
Or, as another example, a hot pink gang of mutant monkeys!
I think there's a lot more to cel-shading than this, but it's at least a very fun thing to play around with.  Which reminds me, I haven't really provided a link to the Blender website since I started the blog!  I've added that link on a sidebar on the blog, just above the "visitors" tab.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally--a Physical Mattework!

I've Uploded a 3D Model!

Tahu 2001 Animation Recreation (90th Anniversary Form)