Isle of the Mutant Monkeys (Game)

Well, more like mutant monkey heads. The original concept of this was from my brother, who also designed most of the monkeys and the background himself.  You see, Suzzane the monkey (shown here) is one of Blender’s primitives, so we just couldn’t resist mutating them awkwardly.  My Yoda post used a “mutant monkey” for the head.
Suzzane, an “Easter egg” made exclusively for Blender.
Anyway, I did everything I could to make the file a testing for one thing I was experimenting with: the game engine.  I used this for both first-person and third-person games.  The third-person didn’t use advanced movement (they were floating heads) but I could still make them fly around and respond to my keys.  There is a way to make the cameras follow the objects (parenting, which allows certain objects follow other objects) but I wasn’t interested in that at the moment.  Instead, I turned my work to first person, which–surprisingly–turned out to be a lot easier.

There is also a way to assign objects as cameras, but I half cheated instead, using my camera as an object and working from there.  Cameras are invisible on the outside, but from its point of view (0 on the number pad): instant first-person game!  This may pose some problems in the future (e.g. what if you want to attach an arm or a sword to your monkey?  How about a bazooka?  Do you really want a monkey to have either?) but this should also be solvable using parenting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally--a Physical Mattework!

I've Uploded a 3D Model!

Tahu 2001 Animation Recreation (90th Anniversary Form)