More Photoshop: Tokusatsu Edition!

So, earlier I posted on doing some splash pictures (which help discourage piracy and retail via translation credits) for TV-Nihon, a major fansubbing group.  Since then, I've done two more, which I consider even better! 

One of these was used for the 10th anniversary series of A Gold Wolf Knight Thing (disclaimer: neither is this the actual name, nor am I actually seeing the show this was used for).
It isn't perfect (despite being the latest splash of the four I've done so far, as I was mostly on my laptop with this one I didn't have access to my full range of tools), but I think it still ended up pretty well.  As this was an anniversary series, I decided to use the main armor in its three different major forms throughout the different seasons.

This second one was also used for Kamen Rider, although a much darker series (which, unfortunately for me, means several BoBs and GoGs*): Kamen Rider Amazons.  But hey, the main riders looked cool, and the subbers requested splashes from the community, so I decided to make one anyway. 

*BoB=Buckets of Blood; GoG=Gobs of Gore. 

This one is probably my favorite of the ones splashes I've done so far.  Both splashes in this post were made on the discovery that if you put something transparent (like steam) both in front of and behind the character, you can get something really cool; as well, both riders in the picture I got it from (below) already had some coloring done on their arms/legs, so I decided to add to that with the steam effect.  As well, I've decided to include a throwback to the 1970s series it was based on with the original KR Amazon's head in the background. 
The original promo image I used for the two riders
In terms of programs, I also decided to try something fairly new with both splashes: while the main masking work (cutting out the characters from the background pictures) and basic arrangement was done in Photoshop, the color grading, steam, light effects, and final arranging were all After Effects.

After this I hope to focus more on ABYDOS, which is still continuing!  Ignore the Lights.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally--a Physical Mattework!

I've Uploded a 3D Model!

Tahu 2001 Animation Recreation (90th Anniversary Form)