Gus

This is the first Blender object most people are going to create: “Gus the Gingerbread Man”.  I’ve mentioned him before; this model takes advantage of Blender’s “Extrude” function; if you’re interested you can see instructions for it here.
What it wanted was this:
Image
What I made was this:
Image
It accomplished its goal (helping me learn more about Blender), but I believe it was not the best model of a gingerbread man.  What I believe I did wrong was I didn’t activate “Limit selection to visible” while modeling.  This caused all kinds of problems (All of the main body except the back is 2-D).
Gus the Gingerbread Man, Scene one, Take: 2!
Image
Well, it’s better than last time… I still thought it could use a face lift.  It still looked far different from the example.
Gus the Gingerbread Man, Scene one, Take: 2 1/2!

I liked this one.  Just a few adjustments + better lighting + depth added = win.  And yes, I do know real gingerbread men are flat.  Not to mention I added armatures, parented and skinned (which is rather difficult if you don’t know how to do it) them, and came up with him walking as the other half of the manual instructed me.
Ta-da!


Yes, that’s it.
For today’s link of the post we have http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual, aka Blender’s official manual which I’ve provided a link to already but haven’t said that it was a link of the post, how original, yaaay!
You are not going to guess what my next link of the post will be.  THE SUSPENSE!  Fortunately, I hope to do my next post tomorrow, if not later today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally--a Physical Mattework!

I've Uploded a 3D Model!

Tahu 2001 Animation Recreation (90th Anniversary Form)