Modifiers

Sorry for not blogging for so long!  I was out camping at Mattaponi, where I don’t tend bring my desktop.  Not even my laptop.  Or even my iPod. 
Or even my Take-Over-The-World-O-Matic.  But anyway, on to the blog.  This also contains technical stuff, by the way.
Well, moving on to the fun stuff, using the same basic modeling technique as building “Gus the Gingerbread Man” (my picture of whom is below-left), I have made a pretty simple rendering, “A Guy” (below-right).
Image
However, I shortly realized a number of ways to change the background in little ways that can make the effect much more dramatic.  “Mist” actually cheats on its job by making farther away objects more transparent (much faster rendering than particle systems or that complicated stuff), and it makes for a very realistic effect.  Stars is even less complicated, scattering the background with little white dots.  Tip: be very careful about which effects you use and to what degree; too many cooks can make for a deliciously horrid stew.







I’m low on ideas for links of the posts, but “What I use for My Game creating and Animations” shows several, including links to Kodu (Trainer for simple game creation), Scratch (simpler yet much more flexible game-making program), and Unity (extreme, Wii-Xbox-style game creating software)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally--a Physical Mattework!

I've Uploded a 3D Model!

Tahu 2001 Animation Recreation (90th Anniversary Form)