Blender 101 1/2: the Physics Engine

Technical alert: this post explains how to do things in technical detail; you can skip this post if you're not interested in that kind of thing.

Now, I am an amateur as you could see by some of my models, but nevertheless I also like teaching others about what little I know about Blender and other 3D software.  Today, the physics engine is my focus.
There are seven different types of physics in Blender.  Force Field can make things like wind, tornadoes and, well, force fields.  Collision is necessary for projects that involve gravity--which would include clothing, floors, objects... basically anything in an advanced project.  Cloth makes your object turn into, well... cloth.  Fluids and Smoke also speak for themselves, and I have no idea what "Dynamic Paint" and "Soft Body" do.
The physics engine is absolutely necessary for any advanced project; if you want snow to move around, that's a good time to use Force Field; Collision can help if you want someone to fall on the ground realistically without having him of her falling though it, and if you just want to make Sherlock Holmes die from smoking his pipe too much than you'd need smoke for him to die from.  Okay, so maybe I'm not the practical example maker, but you get the idea.
Two link-of-the-posts today (or "links-of-the-post"), www.maxon.net and www.cheetah3d.com.  Two more CG sites that I've hardly ever heard of, for all I know they're hardly ever used.  Cheetah only works for Mac, though, and--that's right--neither are free.  None of the less, Maxon looks really cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally--a Physical Mattework!

I've Uploded a 3D Model!

Tahu 2001 Animation Recreation (90th Anniversary Form)